July 14, 2020
On July 14, Friends of the Global Fight Against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria hosted an online webinar to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on global HIV, TB, and malaria programs in Africa.
The webinar highlights:
1. What we know from evidence and experience about the impact of COVID-19 on HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria thus far, and scenarios for the future;
2. COVID-19’s effect on vulnerable and key populations; and
3. The insights of civil society, service providers, and public health experts in African countries on ways to adapt services and mitigate the disruption of services, as well as ways in which the COVID-19 response may present learning and other opportunities.
Watch the full video of the event here:
- Chris Collins – President, Friends of the Global Fight
- Professor Linda-Gail Bekker – Chief Operating Officer, Desmond Tutu AIDS Foundation; Deputy Director of the Desmond Tutu HIV Centre
- Allan Maleche – Executive Director, Kenya Legal & Ethical Issues Network on HIV and AIDS (KELIN)
- Constancia Mavodza – Process Evaluation Lead, Biomedical Research and Training Institute (Zimbabwe)
- Annette Reinisch – Senior Disease Advisor HIV and Tuberculosis, Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria